2018 Online MBA Average Tuition
We’ve recently completed our semi-annual update of the tuition advertised for online MBAs in the U.S. There are currently 491 online MBAs in the market today. The 2018 online MBA average tuition details are outlined below.
The tuition characteristics, broadly, of online MBA programs include:
- The average tuition across all online MBA programs is $28,955 (down slightly from $28,974 in 2017). Most of the programs in our database charge a ‘unified’ price, which means the cost per credit is the same for in-state and out-of-state students. Only a few programs (N=74) still maintain different costs for residents vs. non-residents of their states.
- Average tuition for online MBAs at for-profit institutions (N=39) is lower, at $24,028 (up slightly from $23,748 in 2017) vs. $29,384 at not-for-profit institutions (N=448, down slightly from $29,432 in 2017) .
- As shown in the graphic that accompanies this post, the U.S. region with the highest online MBA tuition is the Mid East, followed by the Far West. The lowest average tuition for online MBAs is found in the Plains region.
- Total tuition ranges from a high of $128,000 to a low of $7,710
- Average tuition for professionally accredited programs is $31,027 vs. not professionally accredited programs at $22,940.
States included in each region are as follows: Mid East – DE DC MD NJ NY PA, Far West – AK CA HI NV OR WA, New England – CT ME MA NH RI VT, Rocky Mountains – CO ID MT UT WY, Great Lakes – IL IN MI OH WI, Southeast – AL AR FL GA KY LA MS NC SC TN VA WV, Southwest – AZ NM OK TX, and Plains – IA KS MN MO NE ND SD.
Your Source for All Online Degree Details
The Online Degree Database is the only place where both students and universities can find complete, up-to-date, and accurate details about online degree programs. Our data are sourced directly from online program websites and include: university name, BEA region, state, degree name, concentrations offered, U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges Rankings, total credits required, cost-per-credit and total tuition, delivery modality and details on required residencies, prerequisite requirements, admissions requirements, and more. Our data are collected by highly trained individuals, not scanned. We do not collect personal contact information or sell leads to universities. Our purpose is to provide unbiased, comprehensive online degree information to researching students and universities with online programs.
More comprehensive information on the characteristics of Online MBA programs is available in our recent publication, Big Book of Online MBAs.
Students, use our website to complete preliminary research for your online program options. Select the degree and program characteristics that are most important to you using our Interactive Tool. Get your free report that contains a short-list of programs that meet your criteria. Unlike other websites, you don’t have to provide any personal information. Use this information to move forward with confidence that you have researched all of your program options from an unbiased source of information. Using our website to research your options will save you hundreds of hours of web searching!
Universities, work with the Online Degree Database directly to access unique and relevant intelligence about the online degree market. Contact Michelle at email@example.com for more information.
Visit the Online Degree Database today to begin your research. We are the most accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive source of online degree program details available in the market.