Affordable Online EdDs
Are you looking for the most affordable online EdDs? If so, you are not alone. Across the globe, the professional doctorate in education (EdD) is a very popular option for teachers, educational administrators, market researchers, human resource managers, and many others. But, you’ll only find these programs by searching individual program websites of many possible program choices. (On a side note: If you aren’t sure which doctorate degree is best for you, check out this recent article on the difference between a PhD and an EdD. It’s worth the read before you spend too much time headed down one path or the other.)
At OnlineDegreeDatabase.com, we collect data from online program websites to provide you with complete, up-to-date details for these programs. This fall (2017), we updated our online EdD data from the universe of online and low residency programs actively marketing on the internet. There are now 41 online and low residency EdDs included in our database, compared to only 26 in early 2017.
2018’s Top Ten Most Affordable Programs
The most affordable online EdDs in the U.S. market are (total online / out-of-state tuition):
1. Taft University System ($20,160)
2. Valdosta State University ($21,175)
3. American College of Education ($21,945)
4. University of the Cumberlands ($22,500)
5. Doane University-Graduate and Professional Studies ($26,790)
6. Aspen University ($27,000)
7. The University of West Florida ($28,050)
8. Old Dominion University ($29,052)
9. University of Illinois at Chicago ($29,824)
10. University of Louisiana at Monroe ($30,000)
The ten programs above are the most affordably priced, with total online / out-of-state tuition at or below $30,000. The only program that offers lower in-state tuition is Old Dominion University in Virginia. Their in-state tuition rate is just $496/credit, making it even more affordable for Virginia residents at $26,784.
Of these programs, Old Dominion University and University of Illinois at Chicago are low residency. The remaining programs are fully online. Old Dominion requires first and second-year students to attend an annual, two-week Summer Institute during the first two weeks in June. University of Illinois at Chicago requires students to come to campus for a preliminary exam and to defend their dissertation.
Details From The Universe of Online EdD Programs
If you are wondering about the rest of the 41 online EdD programs, here are a few basic statistics:
- The total tuition for the forty-one online EdDs in our database ranges from $20,160 (Taft University Systems) to $108,000 (University of Southern California).
- The average tuition across all programs is $46,393.
- These programs offer concentrations in:
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Community College Leadership
- Special Education
- STEM Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Student Counseling and Personnel Services, and/or
- Higher Education Leadership
- Two offer unique options: Concordia University of Chicago offers a concentration with their EdD in Gerontology. Northcentral University offers a concentration in Teaching English as a Second Language.
- Fourteen of the 41 programs are low residency/hybrid, that require students to travel to campus. The rest are fully online.
Tired of the old way? Find a new way!
As noted above, there has been strong growth in the number of available online EdD programs in the market over the past few years, And, for prospective students, keeping up with this dramatic change is very difficult. Traditional internet searches for these programs can take hundreds of hours.
This is why we created the Online Degree Database. Prospective students are tired of trying to find the right online program through websites that:
- require that they provide personal information (that they then sell as leads)
- do not contain the most important criteria for consideration, such as updated costs and curriculum details,
- and contain limited details for only a few of the many available program options
Our goal is to provide you with the best information from the universe of options, so that you can decide which program to contact. Use our interactive tool to select the best online, low residency, and/or hybrid degree programs for you. Our tool saves you hundreds of hours of searching the web for this information. You create a short list of potential programs by searching on the criteria that best meet your needs. Criteria options include type of degree, total tuition, concentration options, professional accreditation options, admissions requirements, type of institution, or geography. Then, get your free report, immediately, without having to provide any personal information. The free report contains the universities and degree names of the programs that met your criteria (and live links to their program websites). Search as many times as you want at no cost.
The Online Degree Database Difference
What’s the difference? We don’t require you to disclose your personal information. Our comprehensive database lets you search on the program criteria most relevant to you. And your search includes the universe of available program options. It’s a world of difference from the other options available in the market today.
We help you find the best possible short list of programs before you start reaching out to universities for more information. If you are shopping for an online degree, OnlineDegreeDatabase.com is here to help you. Our goal is to help you find the right program, saving you significant amounts of time while providing the best information possible.
Universities, work with the Online Degree Database directly to access unique and relevant intelligence about the online degree market. Contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Visit our website today to explore the Online Degree Database difference.