Passive Shoppers – What The Data Tell Us
Recent research with online students indicates that they are PASSIVE shoppers:
- Trend data indicates that only 21% of online graduate students chose a program at a university that is more than 100 miles from where they live in 2016. This compares to 35% in 2012. The study suggests that this is happening because the increased number of online programs fragments the market and encourages localization.
- Twenty percent of online college students consider only one institution during their selection process. And half consider just two or three institutions. The study suggests that this is true because either:
- prospective students research and narrow down their list of programs to consider before finally applying to programs, or
- they don’t have the time to fully research all of their options and, consequently, reach out only to a few, because of time constraints
Given the cost of tuition for earning these degrees, this level of student shopping passivity is shocking!
Is this you? By limiting your selection to only online programs within 100 miles of where you live, and only researching a few online programs before selecting and enrolling, you are overlooking online programs in the national market that very well might better meet your needs.
The potential trade-offs here are significant: paying higher tuition, being forced to take standardized tests for admissions consideration, missing out on relevant concentrations that might help your career advancement, and more.
Empowering Student Shoppers
Empowering you to shop for the best online program is possible if you have:
- Reliable and unbiased information on a comprehensive, national listing of online degree programs in an easy-to-use format
- The information that matters most to you about these online degree programs – how much is the tuition, what are the admissions requirements, is the program 100% online or will you have to attend some on-campus classes, etc.
The Online Degree Database does these things and more for the most popular online master’s degrees available in the market today. The ODD is a new, unique, and unbiased source of information compared to the traditional marketing portals that are designed to collect your information to see as leads. We don’t collect or sell your personal information to anyone!
Visit our Available Programs web page to see what online programs are in our database and use our interactive tool to select the best possible programs for you when you are beginning your search. Get your FREE report, which contains the university and degree names and program website links for the programs that fit your criteria. We help you do the necessary due diligence you want to do before you make this big investment.
Visit the Online Degree Database today and empower yourself as you search for the best online degree program!